2013/10/26

2nd Day

Today's topic is hurt. I read, learn, and find something that I should know.

I cannot speak, because---


“I have learned now that while those who speak about one's miseries usually hurt, those who keep silence hurt more.” 

― C.S. Lewis

What I feel---


"You care so much you feel as though you will bleed to death with the pain of it.” 

― J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

“The reason it hurts so much to separate is because our souls are connected.” 
― Nicholas Sparks


“Is it better to have had a good thing and lost it, or never to have had it?” 
― Jennifer E. SmithThe Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight


“Did I really want to stay on this road longer, knowing it was only going to end in devastation?” 
― Becca FitzpatrickCrescendo


“There are only so many times that you can utter ‘It does not hurt’ before it begins to hurt even more than the hurt. You become enlightened of the feeling of feeling hurt, which is worse, I am certain, than the existent hurt.” 
― Jonathan Safran Foer


And why---

“There were things I wanted to tell him. But I knew they would hurt him. So I buried them, and let them hurt me.” 
― Jonathan Safran FoerExtremely Loud and Incredibly Close


“Nobody can hurt me without my permission.” 

― Mahatma Gandhi

So, if I feel hurt, the only reason is I let myself to be hurt. This is comforting somehow, because at least it's something that I can take care of  by myself. The only thing I have to do, is just to take back the permission, and guard it so that nobody can take it away ever again. 


Then what to expect---


“That is the way it is with a wound. The wound begins to close in on itself, to protect what is hurting so much. And once it is closed, you no longer see what is underneath, what started the pain.” 
― Amy TanThe Joy Luck Club









没有评论:

发表评论